Deploy configuration via host application
Detect Ethernet readers
In an Ethernet network, you first need to find out the IP addresses of all the readers. You can do that in one of the following ways:
- You assign static IP addresses.
You use SLP to request your readers' IP addresses.
Readers are not protected by a firewall.
You use UDP introspection.
- You run your application as a server.
- Readers are not protected by a firewall.
- Each reader is connected to a PC (or another device with its own IP address) via the reader's device connection port.
- The host knows the PC's IP address.