Control the reader via system commands
To interact with the reader itself, BRP offers various commands (mostly within the System command group). You can use these commands to retrieve reader information, set up its behavior, and control it during runtime.
Most important commands
- UI command group: Control LED and beeper.
- Sys.GetBufferSize: Check the maximum frame sizes that the reader can send and receive.
- Sys.HFReset: Switch the reader off for a certain period of time.
- Sys.Reset: Reboot the reader.
- Sys.GetInfo: Check reader firmware and serial number.
- Sys.GetBootStatus: Check the state of each hardware component upon booting.
- Sys.GetCfgID: Retrieve the ID of the reader configuration.
Sys.GetCfgDeviceSettingsId: Retrieve the ID of the reader configuration that contains the host interface component.
This command is needed if host interface and RFID interface components are stored in different configuration files.
Sys.GetFeatures: Check what features are supported by the reader hardware and firmware.
- Sys.FactoryReset: Restore the factory settings.