Import components from another configuration
In some complex use cases, you may need to add the same configuration component (e.g. project or device settings) to multiple configurations files. In this case, you can create the component in 1 configuration file and then import it into the other ones.
To import configurations:
Open BALTECH ConfigEditor.
If you haven't installed it yet, you can download it herecall_made as part of BALTECH ToolSuite.
In the popup window, click Open, and open the configuration into which you want to import a component.
If you haven't created that configuration yet, click New to create a new configuration.
- In the left part of the screen, click Extend Configuration > Import from File.
- Select the BALCFG file that contains the component you want to import.
- If the selected file contains more than 1 component, please select the relevant component(s) and click Import.
You're being asked if you also want to import the administrative information.
- If you're importing various project settings into 1 configuration, click No.
- If you're importing the same project settings into various files with different device settings, click Yes.
The selected components are added to the new configuration. You'll see them listed in the left part of the screen.
If you haven't imported Administrative Information, add it now.
This information helps you retrieve and manage the configuration later.
- Enter a Name for your project, e.g. the name of the building in which the readers will be installed.
- Don't enable Follow Baltech Naming Convention.
This is only relevant for configurations ordered from BALTECH (learn more).
- Add a Description, e.g. a short summary of the intended reader behavior.
Click to save.