Update reader firmware via Wireless Upload
For this update method, connect a transfer reader to a laptop and upload the update via the transfer reader to the target reader over NFC.
- BALTECH ToolSuite v4.26 or above
Transfer reader: ID-engine ZB Brick, ISO/MIFARE product line (10115)
The LEGIC product line (10117) will not work.
Target readers with existing firmware:
- 1100 v2.00 or above
- Custom firmware originally created as of November 2021
The firmware file, packaged with the configuration (see following chapter).
Package firmware with configuration
For security reasons, the firmware file must be packaged with a configuration. Otherwise, the reader will not accept the update.
To package the firmware with the configuration:
- Create a new version of your configuration.
- Make sure the option Support Legacy Firmware Versions is disabled.
- Package the configuration with the BF2 firmware file.
- Release a new configuration version. The exported BEC2 file will contain both the configuration and the firmware.
Perform the upload
To upload the package, follow the steps described here.