- You want to use PC/SC to interact with ISO 14443-4 cards.
- You don't need to control reader feedback (e.g. LED and beeper).
What is PC/SC?
How it works
- To activate the PC/SC interface on the reader, deploy the configuration provided by us.
- The reader acts as a pass-through and doesn't intervene in the communication with the card. It directly forwards your commands to the card and all card responses back to the host.
- USB only (access by Windows Terminal Server via RDP possible)
Use APDU via VHL if:
- You want to control reader feedback (e.g. LED and beeper) via the host.
- You want options to narrow down card selection to one or more card types.
To activate PC/SC on the reader, deploy the configuration below. With this configuration, BALTECH USB readers implement the CCID protocolcall_made. Linux, macOS, and Windows have their own CCID drivers, which then provide the readers as PC/SC devices.
USB HID always remains active in parallel as a support interface. You can use it to access the readers with our GUI tools, e.g. to update the reader firmware.
Please refer to the Pcsc5 specification available for download herecall_made.
Troubleshooting & support
Got stuck somewhere along the way? Don't worry, we'll help you troubleshoot: