Deploy configuration via Wired Upload with BALTECH Uploader
For this deployment method, you connect the reader to a computer, e.g. via USB, and upload the configuration via BALTECH Uploader.
Equipment & requirements
- Laptop with any version of BALTECH Uploader
If you haven't installed it yet, you can download it here as part of BALTECH ToolSuite.
- USB cable
- Deployable configuration file, exported in BEC2 or BEC format
- Any reader firmware version
Perform Wired Upload
- Connect the reader to your computer.
- Open BALTECH Uploader.
Click Browse... in the top right and select the configuration file in BEC2 or BEC format.
My configuration consists of several files.
In this case, first deploy the file with the host interface component, and afterwards the file with RFID interface component. If you do it the other way round, the reader won't accept the host interface component.
Click Start Wired Upload.
If several readers are connected, select the desired one.
- If several interfaces are shown for the reader, please select HID.
- Connecting an Ethernet reader works when the reader is unconfigured or required permissions are granted in PKI Encryption and Authorization settings.
Click Start Upload.
The configuration is now uploaded and installed on the reader. Once the process is completed, disconnect the reader and continue with the next if needed.
Automate this process
To automate deployment, you can invoke Uploader from your own application or script.
Integration in ACCESS200 installation workflow
To see how config deployment fits into the full installation workflow for ACCESS200, please refer to the installation guide for USB configuration.
Implement wired upload yourself
Alternatively, you can implement wired upload via USB or RS-232 yourself, e.g. to integrate the upload into your own application.