Update reader firmware via Wired Upload
For this update method, you connect the reader to a computer via USB or RS-232, and upload the configuration via BALTECH Uploader.
- Any BALTECH ToolSuite version
The firmware file in BF2 format
If the reader contains a configuration packaged with a specific firmware version, you cannot upload the BF2 file alone. To upload it, you need to create a new version of the configuration and package it with the BF2 file (here's a step-by-step description). Otherwise, you'll need to factory-reset the reader when uploading the BF2 file and re-deploy the configuration afterwards.
Perform the upload
- Connect the reader to your computer.
- Open BALTECH Uploader. If you haven't installed it yet, you can download it here as part of BALTECH ToolSuite.
Click Browse... in the top right and select the BF2 firmware file (or BEC2 file with the packaged firmware).
Click Select Reader.
Click the reader, then click Select.
- If several interfaces are shown for the reader, please select HID.
- Connecting an Ethernet reader works when the reader is unconfigured or required permissions are granted in PKI Encryption and Authorization settings.
Click Start Update.
The firmware update is now uploaded and installed on the reader. Once the process is completed, disconnect the reader and continue with the next if needed.
Implement wired upload yourself
Alternatively, you can implement wired upload via USB or RS-232 yourself, e.g. to integrate the upload into your own application.